Once and for all, the SCD Emerald challenges have been redesigned and remixed to be the most awesomely fun hedgehog torture you'll ever lay eyes upon. But, before we get started, I have a list of special thanks to a handful of people to whom I owe major credit for helping get this off the ground. Without them, this project would have been dead.
- Super-awesome PHP support, and creating a system for streamlining emerald awarding. You just made everyone's life 100 times easier with your sacrifices and efforts.
- For being so supportive in the last 48-72 hour, and for giving us some great challenge ideas. Your help is invaluable and has come as such a great point in the process.
Elratauru of Sonic Retro
- For being kind enough to lend us the base images for these emeralds. You gave us an exceptional design concept which grew to dynamic proportions.
- For taking the base images and applying the dynamic glow effect they have now. I couldn't have designed these better myself!
Well, enough rambling; let's move onward to what's new and different about the series.
First and foremost, Emerald awarding is as easy as receiving an award from the other challenges here on SCD. They'll be posted straight to your awards collection. And soon, m1ke will have an even more awesome place for you to show them off!
Next, some of the emeralds' challenges will be either the same as or based on challenges you've seen before that were super-popular and deserve to be revived as classics. You'll love (and loathe!) seeing these epic challenges rear their ugly head again.
Also, almost every emerald in this Chaos Emerald series is choice-based. You'll once again get to pick the level that suits your style best for completing the challenge.
There's loads more of surprising twists and turns in this series, but you'll have to wait and see to find out what we have in store!
To keep you busy for now, we're going to release two challenges this week: one tonight, and one on Wednesday. Here comes your first test; the Green Chaos Emerald Challenge!
Green Chaos Emerald Challenge
: Choose one of the following:
- Complete Sonic the Hedgehog's Star Light Zone, Act 3 before the timer strikes 1:30.
- Complete Sonic the Hedgehog 2's Casino Night Zone, Act 1 before the timer strikes 1:00.
- Complete Sonic 3 and Knuckles' Marble Garden Zone, Act 1 before the timer strikes 1:20.
You may use any character.
Before starting this challenge, be sure to check our Orientation & Help Forums
, if you have questions about rules, or if you need guides on how to record and submit your videos to the Sonic Cage Dome Forums.
Also, to download the Emulator and the ROMs you might need for this challenge, click here
Remember, successful challenge entries will also receive 20 Rings